Thursday, May 25, 2017

Battling Pianos and Bukowski: Two New Poems Published in Word Fountain Literary Magazine!

Who says 13 is an unlucky number? Not me!



Issue #13, one of the Word Fountain Lit Mag's largest publications is out for the Spring/Summer edition. I am proud to share my name among the pages of this magazine with so many talented individuals. Two of my poems were accepted, "Coming Back to Bukowski," a work inspired by a classic writing situation and a trainwreck of a poet and "From Another Life," describing a slice of the past.



Here is an excerpt from the first poem.



From "Coming Back to Bukowski"

Dispirited, I flip through piles of books
looking for something new,
something to bring on some fire.
Instead I stare down Bukowski.

We’ve been introduced before.
I open Dog from Hell’s pages
readjust the glue
recover the nonstick binding.

He provokes me,
pours me a glass
of words.


If you enjoyed my work, please feel free to pick up a free copy from the Osterhout Library in Wilkes-Barre, PA or drop a line to David J. Bauman, Editor, and for a few bucks to cover shipping, you can have one delivered to your door in no time!....... Get the full poem and read the talented work of all the contributors of Word Fountain Issue #13, Spring • Summer 2017 or check out the Mag's Facebook page for new content, videos and even a sneak peak into the submission dates for the next seasonal issue at https://www.facebook.com/wordfountain/.

No comments: